Sunday, June 7, 2015

VLCD Day #4

Current Weight: 164.4 lbs. (-0.0)
Dose: 150 i.u.

Breakfast: Yerba Mate & Rooibos Tea
Lunch: none
Snack: none
Dinner: Double ground beef with onions
Snack: Apple

Today I woke up with a slight gain early on in the day.  When I weighed a little later, it was down around yesterday's weight so that is what I'm recording because I can't get discouraged by a gain in the first week!  I know it is because I am retaining water from my sunburn but still, psychologically it is killing me!  I didn't really plan on doing a mini steak day today it just sort of happened that way.  We have to be to church by 1:00 pm so I didn't really have time to cook a whole lunch.  I was alright with it though, I wasn't that hungry at church.  When I got home though, I cooked my lean ground beef really fast because I was pretty hungry by that point.  It was about 4:45 when I finally sat down to eat.  I'll be happy in P3 when I can have an egg with the lean ground beef because that was my favorite go to breakfast last round.

I am trying really hard not to get discouraged about the scale this morning.  I keep thinking that I can do this diet but my brain keeps psyching me out!  I can't believe I am in week 1 of VLCD and I am already looking at P3 foods!  I think it's because I had the realization the other day that I have to give up junk food and that is really difficult for me.  I think all the comfort foods and stress eating is what gets me to this point so I am not surprised that I am having a hard time saying goodbye.  I just keep thinking back to how happy I was after the last round and how many compliments I got and how much energy I had.  Hopefully I can keep that in the back of my mind when those junk food thoughts creep in to my mind.

I keep hoping and praying that I'll go to sleep and wake up to a tan in place of this sunburn.  My left shoulder is really sore! I hope that it is mostly gone tomorrow.  The burning sensation is out of most of my body except my shoulders so I am hoping that by tomorrow, it will mostly be gone.  I learned my lesson about sunscreen, that's for sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment